Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hump Day

Well, the week is thankfully half way over. I feel like I was pulled in 50 different directions today, but also that I didn't get hardly anything done. I'm so ready for the weekend. I have plans this weekend with Mike, but have to confirm the babysitter situation with my friend Dorothy. I think that we're going to head out that way during the day anyway to watch Melonie's soccer game and Paul's football game. They haven't seen Sevrine in a while so hopefully it will work out that one of the kids can watch her. Otherwise I'll get Maddy to watch her and make it an early night.

Sevrine has been a challenge lately. She doesn't take a nap during the day anymore (not by my choice) and yet she still wont go to sleep until afte 10pm most nights. I'm not really sure why this is, but it's driving me a little crazy. She's still getting over a cold and cold medicine makes her really wired. The pharmacist said I could give her a half dose of nyquil, but that doesn't work either. :( I need to find something that will help calm her down. I took her on a bike ride on Monday night, partly so I could get a run in, but also to try and wear her out, but she didn't go to sleep until 10:30 still.

Kit posted new pictures on facebook. He's deployed in Djibouti, Africa right now and the pictures are of him and the guys shooting some pretty cool stuff, including a grenade launcher. It's cool to be able to see pictures and read his posts about what is going on over there. He has such a funny way with words. It's kind of funny because I think we instant message more now than when he was stationed in Tucson. :)

Well, that is about all that's going on right now. I'm going to go snuggle with Sevrine for a little while.

No comments: