Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well, I'm letting my mac site expire for a little while so thought it would be a good idea to get this started so I can still bore you all with my thoughts. :) I voted today. I'm not going to pontificate about the various candidates like so many do. For me voting is pretty easy. I vote Republican across the board. There are many people who will think that that isn't the best or smartest way to vote, but honestly, I think I'm voting smarter than most people. I know you're freaking out right now at that statement, but let me explain why. It's not just that they're Republican, it's that my Dad picked them. Before you laugh, you'd have to know that my Dad is probably the smartest person I know and I respect his opinion highly. See, I let him do all of the research then take his practice ballot to the poll with me. We have the same values so letting him pick is okay with me.

Okay, enough about that. I voted. :)

Let's see, what else is going on. Sevrine and I are watching a movie and really looking forward to Kung Fu Panda coming out on DVD this weekend. Sevrine and I saw it 3 times in the theater. :) There's so much to do over the next couple of weeks. Sevrine leaves on the 22nd to go and see her Dad for 3 weeks. I have to make sure she gets packed up, that she has enough warm things to wear since it's cold up there, even though some things I will let her Dad buy since she really has no need of winter things in Arizona. She and I will also be getting a family picture done next weekend wearing semi-matching shirts. Those that know me well, know that I'm into custom t-shirts. I normally find something online that I like then go down to Brand X and let them help me tweak it so it's completely original. Well, a couple of weeks ago I found a company online that prints "braille" t-shirts. They basically print any saying you want in braille on the shirt. I ordered a shirt from the website, but since it was coming from Edinburgh was going to take 3 weeks to arrive. Well, you all know how impatient I am so I called Brand X to see if they would be able to do a braille shirt for me. They downloaded the fonts from a website and set it up so they could do it for me. What a great group over there! So I ended up having one made. The shirt I ordered came in the mail on Halloween and I have to say that I like my Brand X shirt better. Well, when I got to thinking about Sevrine being gone for 3 weeks, I thought that it might be good to have another family picture done since the last one we took was when she was 2. We kind of did the matching thing then too, but we were both wearing brown. In this picture we will both be wearing braille t-shirts that say "cutie" on them, in braille on the front and written out on the back. Her shirt is pink and mine is black, so not too matchy-matchy. ;) I'll post pictures here when we get them done. Well, that's probably enough for now. More later.

No comments: