Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back on track

Okay, so I guess I'm trying to take control of the things that I can control. My actions. As some of you know, my life has been a little bit crazy lately. Well, they've now settled down at least a little bit, enough that I can step back and get a new perspective and consciously decide how I want to go forward. The goal I started to start taking care of myself was renewed this morning on a 40 minute walk. Eventually I'll start running again, but for now I like the walk as it gives me time to think at a reasonably pace. :)

Also, things with Jeff are still scary and unsure, but I think the original panic phase is over; I hope. He got a call yesterday morning that the location of his Battle Ready Physical was being moved from Luke Air Force Base to Texas (not sure which Base, but I will assume Fort Bliss until I can confirm). Now, this is good and, well, I hope it's just good. It's hard for me not being close, but he met up with some guys from his Unit that will also be deploying. I'm hoping that being able to talk to be that have not only been through a similar situation, but were participants in the same memories will bring him back from the panic. I know that he will still not want to go back, who would, but I think being able to have that kind of support system, since your Unit is your family, that it will give him the support that he needs and that I am completely unqualified to give him. So, now, I wait for word on how things go with the physical today, and pray that he and I will both be strong enough to handle it.

No comments: